Long before the internet, Thepools was like a lottery company, where football predictions were an important part of the betting business. Bought out in 2017 by an investment firm, the establishment transformed itself the following year into a sports betting site. While the platform now combines a sportsbook and a casino, it has not left its traditional betting on the pools.
As a guarantee of reliability, Thepools operates under a UK license issued by the Gambling Commission, under account number 48272. As for security measures, the platform adopts the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption system. This process ensures that players’ personal and financial data remains anonymous.
Thepools adheres to the responsible gambling policy for the most addicted, thanks to various support organisations such as Gamcare or Gamstop. A number of tools have been put in place to help them plan their deposit limits.
Website and mobile application
Thepools offers its users a modern and functional website. The aesthetics are based on an incredible design, combining a colourful palette on the main page with the various menu icons in the centre and on each side of the screen. With the evolution of technology, the mobile application is becoming an indispensable part of any online betting establishment and Thepools is one of them. We are talking about a program developed by the site, compatible with both Android and iOS operating systems. You can download it to your smartphone via Google Play and Apple Store. This way, you have full access to all the services offered by the bookmaker. In addition, you will benefit from desktop-like functionality when using the mobile version of the Thepools website, which is optimised for small screen devices.
To become a member of Thepools, you must first have an active account. After joining the site, follow the registration process :
- The next step is to enter your full name and date of birth, adding your phone number and address to complete the registration;
- After validation of the account, establish the connection and refer to the instructions of the bookmaker to make your first deposit, while choosing your payment option. The next time you make a deposit, all you have to do is to enter the security code of your card. If everything goes according to your plan, you can start betting without hesitation. To participate, the betting slip can be found on the right hand side of the desktop screen or at the bottom of the application if you are using a mobile phone
Bonuses and promotions
Thepools offers two types of welcome bonus to new members:
- A £20 reward in the form of free bets, divided into £5 increments on football, racing and virtual games;
- 100 freespins on the slot machines.
To take advantage of these offers, all you need to do is make a £10 deposit. You also have to respect a 7-day time limit on the use of the bonuses, according to the conditions imposed by the betting establishment. In order to build customer loyalty, the bookmaker has prepared a whole range of promotions, which are destined for both subscriber bettors and newcomers. Here are some offers available on the web :
- Free Race Bets. Receive a free £5 bet on a qualified horse or a winning favourite, valid on any sport within 7 days;
- Loyalty Club. Get a free £5 bet for every 10 bets at £5 on a minimum EVS odds. You also have 7 days to use it on the sport of your choice. Horse racing, cashed and cancelled bets will not be taken into account;
- Acca Boost. Earn at least £10 and up to 50% cash bonus on your winnings, by placing a pre-match bet on your favourite sport. This must have odds of 1.3 or above ;
- Extra seat races. Every day, the pari-mutuel site gives you extra seats for every single bet you make.
If you want to find the full list of promotions, Thepools has two different sections for sports betting and gambling promotions. It is very important to note that each of the offers has separate wagering requirements. So please read them carefully to avoid confusion when collecting your winnings.
Betting and gambling offer
On the whole, the sports betting catalogue of Thepools presents about twenty disciplines, ranging from the most popular to the least ones. You can find bets not only on football, horse racing, golf or tennis, but also on hurling, Gaelic football, rugby, handball, snooker and e-sports, to name but a few. Furthermore, Thepools offers you the opportunity to bet on politics or the sportsperson of the year. Compared to other betting platforms, its odds margins seem very competitive. To allow players to bet with confidence, the platform has opted for the implementation of the “Cash-out” system. If you are interested in live betting, there is a wide selection of bets on the site. You can access all the markets by clicking on the ‘In-play’ button. So far, there is no ‘Live Streaming’, however, you will get regular updates, especially on the progress of a match. In addition, this function helps you to determine the outcome of your predictions.
Thepools casino has a very diverse game library with some of the most innovative game styles and types. The section features a massive amount of slots with different themes including slingo, several roulette and blackjack variants and many other popular amusements. Most of these games make up the majority of the live casino section. Available at all hours of the day, the area brings you back to the atmosphere of a real casino. For a more immersive gaming experience, live dealers will keep you company throughout your games. What’s more, social media is a major contributor to the success of the activities.
Available payment methods
Bank cards such as Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard and Maestro are the only payment methods accepted by Thepools. The operator sets the minimum deposit limit at £5. The operator does not charge any fees for either depositing or withdrawing money from your account.
If you want to collect your winnings on a successful bet, simply click on your name at the top right of the desktop screen and follow the instructions. Normally, the transfer time for this type of transaction can take approximately 1-3 business days, depending on the option you choose.
In case of problems, Thepools has various means of contact to handle your requests. The customer service department does not work on a 24/7 basis, but is available to you at set times. You can reach one of the advisors by e-mail or using the contact form, but you will get an answer within seconds using the live chat function. In addition, a very detailed FAQ page contains questions and answers related to the operation of the site. Most of them will undoubtedly provide you with an adequate solution.